A recent decision by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) approved the delay in the New Time-of-Use rate structure for Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) until March 2021. These new rates are based off changes to what are considered “peak” hours and were originally due to take effect November 1, 2020.
Due to the different implementation deadlines, PG&E are enabling customers the ability to “opt-in and opt-out” on either the old rate structure or under the new rate structure, from now until March 2021, on a meter by meter basis (one time). This accommodation will provide government agencies with an opportunity (over the next 12 months) to strategically select rates for period of time on a meter by meter basis that could result in significant savings.
Avenu Insights & Analytics has partnered with Procure America (PA) to assist our California communities with better understanding the financial ramifications of the recent announcements related to the upcoming changes. In an upcoming webinar on April 23rd at 10am PST we will outline the steps you should be taking NOW to ensure your City, County, or Agency receives the greatest utility savings under the new plan.
We will be discussing:
- Overview or Old vs. New Time-of-Use Rate Structure
- Financial Implications of the delay in PG&E’s “New” Time-of-Use structure
- PG&E online and customer service rate analysis
- Approach to determine and deploy the most efficient rate structures
- Timetable for “opting-in and opting-out” of the rate structures
- Estimated savings based on your jurisdiction
Join our short 30 min presentation on April 23rd at 10am PST to learn more on this proposed rule change and the expense ramifications.