The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a fluid situation that has everyone on alert. Avenu’s number one concern is maintaining the health and well-being of both our customers and employees, while continuing to ensure the continuity of all business services.
As you are aware, an expanding number of government agencies and commercial businesses are taking steps to impose curfews, ban large gatherings, regulate travel and enact other restrictions that are reasonable and necessary to protect public health and the welfare of their citizens and employees.
Avenu is no exception.
Here are the steps Avenu is currently taking:
- Providing updates and best practices to employees to mitigate exposure and contagion
- Sharing information with our customers on any changes in our operating levels
- Deploying technical solutions to continue operational support for our customers
- Ensuring all critical business functions have both primary and secondary employee assignments
- Verifying that all critical vendors have plans to maintain normal operating levels
- Canceling all non-essential air travel and assessing risks of any business travel
- Limiting the attendance and exhibition at conferences to reduce social exposure until further notice
- Postponing plans for large internal meetings
- Videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- Work from Home
- Allowing/Requiring employees to work from home where situationally appropriate
- Having employees who fall under the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC’s) guidelines self-quarantine for 14 days
It’s important for you to know that we are closely monitoring the situation and prepared to further activate our Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Visitor Access and Pandemic Management plans in the event more action is needed.
This is a unique time in history, and we are hopeful that the proactive actions by everyone around the world will help reduce further illness and disruption. We sincerely wish you, your families, employees and citizens the best of health.