HERNDON, Va., Jan. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Avenu named eight experts to its board of advisors, a group that will provide strategic advice to the company as it continues to execute its strategy.
The new board brings a range of perspectives on local government finance such as budgeting, tax and fee collection, and long-term challenges of addressing budget deficits, unfunded mandates and infrastructure costs.
Group members are:
- Sonny Brasfield, executive director of the Alabama City Commission
- Fran David, retired city manager of Hayward, California
- John Shirey, retired city manager of Sacramento, California
- Jeff Downes, city manager for Vestavia Hills, Alabama
- Steven Jacobs, political director for the California State Controller
- Jeff Kolin, retired city manager of Beverly Hills, California
- Anna Roach, chief strategy officer of Fulton County, Georgia
- Bedell Terry, retired director of compliance for the Washington, D.C. Administrative Office of Tax & Revenue
“The experience, insight and willingness of this group to contribute to Avenu’s strategy further aligns our commitment to working with local governments,” says CEO Paul Colangelo. “Together we will guide cities and counties on obtaining more of the revenue they need to maintain service levels and plan for the future of their communities.”
Avenu is a portfolio company of Mill Point Capital.
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents. www.avenuinsights.com
About Mill Point Capital
Mill Point Capital is a middle-market private equity firm focused on control-oriented investments in the business services and industrial sectors. The firm works with Executive Partners to leverage its investment professionals’ experience while providing strategic and operational guidance designed to drive long-term value creation in its portfolio companies. Mill Point is based in New York, NY. For more information, please visit www.millpoint.com.